Sunday 01/10 - shibuya (arriving)
Monday 01/11 - akihabara
Tuesday 01/12 - ginza
- Locations: Ginza, Jindaiji, Asakusa
- Maps: Ginza
- Themes: Tsukiji Fish Market
Wednesday 01/13 - kyoto
- Locations: Kyoto
- Maps: Kyoto
Thursday 01/14 - kyoto
- Locations: Kyoto
- Maps: Kyoto
Friday 01/15 - ghibli
Saturday 01/16 - kamakura (optional)
- Locations: Kamakura, Yokohama
- Maps: Kamakura
- Themes: Last Day
Sunday 01/17 (flying back)
Places To Go
- Hanazono Jinja — Nice temple in shinjuku
- Die Katze Neko Cafe — Very good neko cafe in shinjuku. Famous but not packed.
- Don Quijote Shinjuku —Huge store in japan
- BIC Camera — Huge electronics store. Must see. Make sure you don't buy everything in the first day there and make a discount card "KADO" to get discounts the second time you go there.
- 8 Bit Cafe — Good food and retro videogames in a cozy cafe. Recommended.
- Robot Restaurant — Crazy show with robots, mechas and girls
- Suntory Lounge Eagle — Good cocktails place for late night drinks. At the bottom of a staircase, chandelier-lit bar.
- CoCoLo Cafe — Hype and good cafe for after night coffee. Seems to attract a weird but fun crowd.
- Golden Gai— Awesome network of small bars
- ICHIRAN Shinjuku — Best ramen in shinjuku. good for breakfast.
- Super Potato Retro-kan — Retro gaming store in Akiba. Nerd Mecca.
- Yodobashi Camera Akihabara — Huge electronics store
- Kanda Myoujin — Crazy electronic blessing temple in Akihabara.
- Maidreamin — Maido cafe
- Moesham — Maid hair saloon.
- Cos-cha Maido Cafe — Well recommended maido cafe
- Mandarake — Huge Anime / Manga / Game store
- ANIMATE — Famous Anime / Manga / Game store
- M's Sex Shop — 6 floor adult entertainment
- Tsukomo Keyboards — Mechanical Keyboards
- DOSPARA Keyboards — Mechanical Keyboards
- SOFTMAP Keyboards （株）ソフマップ 秋葉原 — Another awesome keyboard store
- Reddit's Keyboard Map — Custom google map by redditors with good keyboard locations
- Nakano Broadway — Another Nerd Mecca
- Ginza Eiji (good for lunch) — Best smoked restaurant ever
- Tsukiji Fish Market (be there @ 5am-ish) — Very good and fresh sushi
- Stationary Store — One of the best stationary store in ginza
- Bulgari Cafe — Fancy coffee shop / restaurant
- Kimuraya Bakery — Good bakery / pan factory
- Cafe de l'ambre — Lovely kissaten
- Hotel Mume (ryokan) — Our ryokan
- Hamburg Labo — Recommended as the best hamburger ever
- Yoshuji — Buddhist vegan restaurant
- Kyoto Manga Museum — Seems to be fun.
- Sentido Coffee Shop — Nice 3rd Wave Coffee Shop
- Nishiki Market — Kyoto's traditional market
- Tea Ceremony En — Recommended as a nice tea ceremony place
- Anyo-ji Temple — Don't remember why added this to the list.. Seems to be a nice temple.
- Ogawa Coffee Roaster and Shop — Well recommended coffee shop
- Monkey Park — Weird Park with mokeys all around
- Arashiyama Bamboo Groove — Bamboo forest
- Otago Nenbutsu-ji — A not well known temple with 1200 stone sculptures of buddha's disciples in different poses. Special place.
- Hote Spa — One of the best SPAs in Kyoto. Good for the end of the day
- Kamakura Giant Buddha — The reason why people go to Kamakura
- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine — Beautiful temple
- Kamakurayama — Best roast beef in Japan
- Itsuki Garden — "Castle in the Sky" themed cafe
- Paddlers Coffee — Very good 3rd wave coffee shop
- Butlerscafe — Butlers cafe. Not very good reviews
- Hachiko — The Almighty Hachiko statue
- Nobei Yokocho — Small street with lots of restaurants
- Miyamasu Mitake Shrine — Wolf's Shrine
- Ivorish — Best pancakes in Shibuya
- Katsudonya Zuicho — Well recommended tonkatsu place. Only dish
- Nagi Shokudo — Awesome veggie restaurant. Go there after or before Kasudonya Zuicho
- Narukiyo — Good Izakaya
- Loft - Stationary— Very good stationary and hobonichi store
- Streamer Coffee — Best espresso in Shibuya. Ask for a ristretto
- Fuglen Tokyo — Nice coffee shop in Shibuya. Umbrella place.
- Suzume No Oyado — Very nice okonomiyaki restaurant
- Murugi Curry — Recommended curry place
- Daiso Harajuku — One dollar store
- Gyoza Lou — Best dumpling and gyoza place in Harajuku
- Daihachi Takohanamaru — Best takoyaki
- Stationary Cafe — Stationary love
- Sushi Dai —Most famous sushi place in the fish market
- Sushi Dawa — Second most famous sushi. Smaller lines, sounds like the best option
- Iwasa Sushi — Recommended by Jeff Bezos
- Yonemoto Coffee — Good coffee @ Tsukiji
- Okame — Good omasake, recommended by locals
- Yamazaki — Another good non-crowded sushi option
- Roppongi Hills
- More time in asakusa
Ghibli Movies to Rewatch
- Princess Mononoke
- The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
- Kiki Delivery Service
- My Neighbor Totoro
- Castle in the Sky